Thank you for visiting my website! Here You can find short English introduction of me and my animal training services which I also offer in English.
My name is Heta Rautiainen and through my one-woman company I offer animal behaviour, training and welfare consultation mainly with horses and dogs.
I love working with all kinds of animal individuals and my work has welfare aware ”science to practice” approach: I promote reward based training techniques and a multidimensional understanding of the animal’s point of view during training is a matter of heart for me. My goal is to help my clients to achieve happier moments and bigger goals with their animal friends through gaining deeper understanding and bringing welfare supporting habits for individual needs.
Aside from my work I’m working towards a professional animal trainer certificate at Vocational College of Central Ostrobotnia. I also study Biomedicine at University of Eastern Finland. I am also excited about my quite recent responsibilities for Finnish equine welfare journal Heportteri as a scientific background researcher and for HETI’s Educational Journal as a content producer about equine welfare and training.
Some topics I work with:
- Animal behaviour and learning
- Scientific background of learning theories
- When learning is most efficient, individual learning differences
- What behaviour is, species specific behaviour and learning
- Animal training
- Science based sound training techniques like positive reinforcement or wisely combined negative and positive reinforcement
- Minimizing coercion
- Choosing right techniques and rewards for context
- How to maintain welfare during training
- Behavioural needs and enrichment
- Controlling training environment to support learning
- Working safely when surrounding events can’t be controlled
- Human skills
- Human-animal relationship
- Starting and reinforcing wanted behaviour
- Deeper understanding and combining scientific knowledge with practice
- Own actions and their consequence in relation to animal behaviour and welfare
- Understanding animal point of view
- Recognizing uncomfort and pain
- How to react to unwanted behaviour
Ask more about services and prices!
Eläinkoulutus Heta Rautiainen
Feedback box HERE (Ota yhteyttä/ Palaute-section)